PHYSICIAN RECOMMENDATIONS (SB 643): There are several new provisions clarifying the duties of medical cannabis physicians; however, they don't substantially affect or impair patients' current access to medical recommendations.
• The Med Board's enforcement priorities are amended to include "Repeated acts of clearly excessive recommending of cannabis for medical purposes,or repeated acts of recommending without a good faith prior exam." (SB 643, ). This is identical to existing language regarding controlled substances, which has generally been assumed to apply to MMJ heretofore.
• It is unlawful for physicians who recommend to accept, solicit, or offer remuneration to or from a licensed facility in which they or a family member have a financial interest.
• The Med Board shall consult with the California Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research in developing medical guidelines for MJ recs.
• The recommending person shall be the patient's "attending physician" as defined in HSC (a). Contrary to popular misconception, this in nothing new and in no way limits patients to their primary care physician. It merely restates current language in SB 420.
• Physician ads must include a warning notice that MMJ is still a federal Schedule One substance.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.
Thanks you Insights! I was initially very skeptical about your test series (Yes some convoluted options, Typing errors). But in the end I realized most questions are covered by the test series in some way or other! Even I wrote only some 20 tests of yours I had a feeling in the exam hall that I should have followed and revised the tests even more religiously. At the end all is well was scoring 140 : 74 Correct and 12 Wrong according to Shankar Key. About secure I never had any doubt it is the best available. I hope you have some initiative planned for first timers like me with respect to optionals. Even a google group for similar optional group can also help a lot. I wish this reaches you 🙂